"What are your company's hiring plans for full-time professional-level employees in the next six months?"
For those in Philadelphia who have been asked this question recently, Robert Half’s newly released Philadelphia Professional Employment Forecast indicates that adding new positions runs second to maintaining the status quo, or only filling existent positions, in the six-month period from March to August 2015.
The report, released on Thursday, summarizes plans and expectations from Philadelphia-area chief financial officers. The report said 19 percent of the business leaders surveyed regard expansion as viable, while 67 percent see maintenance of current levels as a priority.
"Philadelphia businesses…are focused on attracting new candidates to help them address client demand," Stephanie Naznitsky, regional vice president for Robert Half in Philadelphia, said. "With extremely low unemployment for positions including accountants, auditors and web developers, these professionals feel more comfortable leaving their roles for new opportunities, and in turn, many companies are stepping up their retention efforts."
While 63 percent of the organizations surveyed said finding skilled candidates for professional-level positions is difficult, 87 percent reported being fairly confident in their firms’ growth potential over the next six months of the year.
Additionally, 56 percent of the executives said attracting and keeping talent has had noteworthy impact on their companies.
Robert Half is the world’s leading specialized staffing firm. Founded in 1948 and based in Menlo Park, California, it maintains over 340 locations worldwide.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Robert Half International - Office Team ?
Next time we write about Robert Half International - Office Team, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Geisinger expands access to clinical trials through consortium with five other health systems
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: “Choosing an Appropriate Business Form”
- FRANKLIN COUNTY PA AREA DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION: Herbruck’s celebrates Franklin County warehouse in anticipation of new egg-producing facility
- GANNETT FLEMING, INC.: Gannett Fleming/WSP Joint Venture Serving as Construction Management Consultant for Durham-Orange Light Rail
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: LGBT Business Council & Hellertown-Lower Saucon Chamber HALO Benefitting Valley Youth House
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Ribbon Cutting: Penn National Golf Course Club House
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Earth Day Cleanup at Independence Hill
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: National Collegiate Acrobatics & Tumbling Association National Championships
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Community Event Nonprofit Workshop: What's Your Nonprofit Story: Message in a Minute
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Using a Home Test Kit and Smartphone to Test for Kidney Disease