It looks like Lady Luck - that is, Lady Luck Casino Nemacolin - held true to its name last month as the only gaming facility to show a significant increase in slot machine revenue, the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board said Thursday.
With the exception of Valley Forge Casino Resort, which showed a slight increase in profit of 3.29 percent, and Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem with an uptick of 2.43 percent, the nine other gaming facilities in the commonwealth all had a drop in gains for March 2015 as compared to March 2014. Those nine facilities saw gross revenue dipping anywhere from 2 percent to 10.73 percent.
Overall, slot machine revenue fell 3.9 percent in March 2015 as compared to March 2014.
The average number of slot machines in use in March 2015 was 26,336, a drop from the 26,574 machines in March 2014.
The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board was established in 2004 to oversee all stand-alone and racetrack casino operations throughout the commonwealth. The board directs regulatory efforts and provides vital administrative support to an industry that directly benefits Pennsylvania homeowners in the form of tax reductions.
The gaming industry also benefits horse racing enterprises, economic development, fire companies, county fairs, water and sewer projects and the Commonwealth's General Fund, as well as local governments that host casinos.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board ?
Next time we write about Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Ribbon Cutting: Penn National Golf Course Club House
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Earth Day Cleanup at Independence Hill
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: National Collegiate Acrobatics & Tumbling Association National Championships
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Community Event Nonprofit Workshop: What's Your Nonprofit Story: Message in a Minute
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Using a Home Test Kit and Smartphone to Test for Kidney Disease
- Analysis: Homeowners in Honolulu pay lowest property tax rate in U.S.
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Geisinger offers free melanoma screening days at select clinics
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Open Mic with Frank and Bob
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Healthy Kids Day
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: April 25, 2018- Business in the Dawn of the Lost Privacy World Networking Event