The National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) presented U.S. Rep. Bill Shuster (R-Hollidaysburg) with its Award for Manufacturing Legislative Excellence on Tuesday at a presentation at Volvo Construction Equipment in Shippensburg, Pennsylvania.
Through this award, NAM recognizes contributions from leaders who advance policies that support manufacturers. Shuster previously was honored for his waterways-infrastructure legislation, the Water Resources Reform and Development Act, in the 113th Congress.
In the current 114th Congress, the group is honoring Shuster for his work on the Waters of the United States Regulatory Overreach Protection Act. This legislation aims to stop an EPA proposal that would expand the federal government’s regulatory power over U.S. bodies of water.
“Manufacturing in Pennsylvania…is making a comeback. Representative Shuster understands that leaders in Washington must advance policies that will continue to fuel this economic growth and has consistently supported manufacturers through his votes in Congress.”
NAM President and CEO Jay Timmons said.
In his acceptance speech, Shuster stressed the importance of manufacturing in the nation’s economy and the need for Congress to block unnecessary regulations that may prevent U.S. businesses from reaching their full potential.
“I am honored,” Shuster, who serves as chairman of the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, said. “A thriving manufacturing industry and strong transportation network go hand-in-hand. Our nation needs to be the best in the world at both.”
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about U.S. Representative Bill Shuster (PA-9) ?
Next time we write about U.S. Representative Bill Shuster (PA-9), we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Ribbon Cutting: Penn National Golf Course Club House
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Earth Day Cleanup at Independence Hill
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: National Collegiate Acrobatics & Tumbling Association National Championships
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Community Event Nonprofit Workshop: What's Your Nonprofit Story: Message in a Minute
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Using a Home Test Kit and Smartphone to Test for Kidney Disease
- Analysis: Homeowners in Honolulu pay lowest property tax rate in U.S.
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Geisinger offers free melanoma screening days at select clinics
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Open Mic with Frank and Bob
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Healthy Kids Day
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: April 25, 2018- Business in the Dawn of the Lost Privacy World Networking Event