PPG Industries, also known as Pittsburgh Paints, said on Wednesday that it has completed its acquisition of REVOCOAT, an international distributor of automotive-industry sealant, adhesive and damper products, from the AXSON Group. Financial terms were not disclosed.
Based in France and employing over 500, REVOCOAT operates eight manufacturing plants and a research and development center. It provides epoxy-based products, polyurethanes and water-based emulsions, with U.S. operations based in Ferndale and Detroit, Michigan.
“The addition of REVOCOAT to our automotive coatings business strengthens PPG’s global automotive adhesive and sealants product and technology offerings, enabling us to better serve our automotive customers around the world,” Cindy Niekamp, PPG's senior vice president for automotive original equipment manufacturer (OEM) coatings.
Consumers can find PPG products in a variety of settings, not only in car coatings, but also on buildings, in which the company provides architectural coatings and specialty glass.
Perhaps most notably, famous architect Frank Lloyd Wright’s iconic landmark Fallingwater house, near Pittsburgh, utilizes PPG’s technology. Conservationists used PPG primer coating and topcoat paint for the exterior. Inside, the company furnished zero-VOC paint, window frame coating, and ultra-clear and low-emissivity glass surfaces.
Founded in 1883, PPG’s global headquarters are in Pittsburgh, and the company currently has operations in almost 70 countries.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about PPG Industries ?
Next time we write about PPG Industries, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Students spend valuable time at Geisinger Lewistown Hospital
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Paint and Sip- Dragonflies
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Join us for our April Business After Hours networking event at Presque Isle Downs & Casino!
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Community Event: Annual Race Against Violence
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE - EMMAUS: Nazareth Business Council: Nazareth Area Update
- Nationally, public colleges, universities face borrower default rate of 11.28%
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Community Event: Film Screening and Panel Discussion: The Hunting Ground
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE - EMMAUS: Natural Food Group Tour/Luncheon, Whitehall Area Chamber
- GREATER DUBOIS CHAMBER OF COMMERCE & ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT: Clarion University SDBC Workshop: Why Export?
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE - EMMAUS: Lunch & Tour of Vitra. by East Penn Chamber of Commerce and Western Lehigh Chamber of Commerce