PPG Industries, also known as Pittsburgh Paints, said on Wednesday that it has completed its acquisition of REVOCOAT, an international distributor of automotive-industry sealant, adhesive and damper products, from the AXSON Group. Financial terms were not disclosed.
Based in France and employing over 500, REVOCOAT operates eight manufacturing plants and a research and development center. It provides epoxy-based products, polyurethanes and water-based emulsions, with U.S. operations based in Ferndale and Detroit, Michigan.
“The addition of REVOCOAT to our automotive coatings business strengthens PPG’s global automotive adhesive and sealants product and technology offerings, enabling us to better serve our automotive customers around the world,” Cindy Niekamp, PPG's senior vice president for automotive original equipment manufacturer (OEM) coatings.
Consumers can find PPG products in a variety of settings, not only in car coatings, but also on buildings, in which the company provides architectural coatings and specialty glass.
Perhaps most notably, famous architect Frank Lloyd Wright’s iconic landmark Fallingwater house, near Pittsburgh, utilizes PPG’s technology. Conservationists used PPG primer coating and topcoat paint for the exterior. Inside, the company furnished zero-VOC paint, window frame coating, and ultra-clear and low-emissivity glass surfaces.
Founded in 1883, PPG’s global headquarters are in Pittsburgh, and the company currently has operations in almost 70 countries.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about PPG Industries ?
Next time we write about PPG Industries, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- GREAT PHILADELPHIA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Gear Up for Small Business Growth
- GETTYSBURG ADAMS CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Economic Outlook Breakfast
- GANNETT FLEMING, INC.: Gannett Fleming Wins MTA LIRR Design-Build Contract
- EXTON REGION CHAMBEROF COMMERCE: Giving Has Never Tasted So Good – Sweet Charity 2018
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Reception for US Congressman Charlie Dent
- 585,402 U.S. borrowers in default on student loans
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: 2018 Commercial Real Estate Outlook
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Manufacturing Advanced Expo Coming May 10th
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Frankie Results NUTRITION WORKSHOP
- FNB CORPORATION: F.N.B. Corporation Schedules First Quarter 2018 Earnings Report and Conference Call