In an effort to educate consumers and simultaneously empower them to own their finances, April will be Financial Education Month in Pennsylvania, Gov. Tom Wolf announced today.
The governor declared in his statement that with the help of institutions and agencies, “consumers of all ages can protect and grow their hard-earned money in an increasingly complex marketplace."
Pennsylvania boasts several initiatives intended to improve financial literacy: state banks will sponsor Teach Children to Save Day on April 24, and credit unions will publicize National Credit Union Youth Month.
Additionally, the state's Department of Education has partnered with Penn State University to provide outreach to schools; The PA Higher Education Assistance Agency offers students and families online resources; and the Pennsylvania Department of Banking and Securities helps residents make informed financial and investment decisions.
Finally, the Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency offers programs for renters, homebuyers and homeowners statewide; and The Pennsylvania Jump$tart Coalition for Personal Financial Literacy is working to improve financial education from kindergarten through 12th grade.
Wolf’s eight-point proclamation cites each of these agencies and their dedicated purpose.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Penn State University ?
Next time we write about Penn State University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Geisinger expands access to clinical trials through consortium with five other health systems
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: “Choosing an Appropriate Business Form”
- FRANKLIN COUNTY PA AREA DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION: Herbruck’s celebrates Franklin County warehouse in anticipation of new egg-producing facility
- GANNETT FLEMING, INC.: Gannett Fleming/WSP Joint Venture Serving as Construction Management Consultant for Durham-Orange Light Rail
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: LGBT Business Council & Hellertown-Lower Saucon Chamber HALO Benefitting Valley Youth House
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Ribbon Cutting: Penn National Golf Course Club House
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Earth Day Cleanup at Independence Hill
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: National Collegiate Acrobatics & Tumbling Association National Championships
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Community Event Nonprofit Workshop: What's Your Nonprofit Story: Message in a Minute
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Using a Home Test Kit and Smartphone to Test for Kidney Disease