In what might be Bucks County commissioners’ last gathering at the Doylestown Administration Building, prior to the construction of the new Justice Center on North Main Street, much was accomplished in just 35 minutes as the three commissioners approved 27 resolutions with no dissent on Wednesday.
Chairman Robert Loughery, Commissioner Charles Martin and Commissioner Diane Ellis-Marseglia approved orders for listing old city buildings for sale and budget approvals for landscaping and construction work on the Justice Center site, two contracts to provide uniforms for the Corrections department; school-based mental health services for five middle and high schools, a grant allowing the Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission (DVRPC) to study a New Britain Borough traffic corridor and funds for cameras at several courthouse locations.
One proclamation was read by Martin, announcing the Bucks County Medical Reserve Corps (MRC) 10th Anniversary Celebration on March 28. The MRC will celebrate 10 years in the community during an open house from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. It is a volunteer organization formed in 2005 and housed in the Bucks County Health Department, its purpose being to strengthen community public health and safety.
Also taking place on March 28 will be an electronics collection event, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., at Franklin D. Roosevelt Middle School, 1001 Veterans Highway in Bristol.
The Bucks County commissioners’ next meeting is scheduled for 10 a.m. April 1 at the Synergis Technologies Best Made Center, 18 South Fifth St. in Quakertown.
- QUAKER CHEMICAL CORPORATION: Showcasing Mining Compliance Solutions and Technical Expertise
- PENNSYLVANIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS: Homebuyers Report Rapid Success In Finding A Home
- F.N.B. CORPORATION: Again Recognized by Greenwich Associates for Excellence in Banking
- INDEPENDENCE BLUE CROSS: Removes cost sharing for naloxone and Narcan
- ENTERCOM COMMUNICATIONS CORP.: Names Jim McCloud as Executive Vice President of National Business Development
- HEALTH PARTNER PLANS: Groundbreaking Partnership Connects Homeless People to Vital Health Care Services
- DIVERSIFIED SEARCH: Molly A. Robb Joins Diversified Search
- HFF: Announces $160M Sale and Financing of 1600 Market in Philadelphia’s CBD
- NATIONAL DISEASE RESEARCH INTERCHANGE: Internationally Renowned Lung Disease Expert Joins NDRI Board
- LINCOLN FINANCIAL GROUP: Love and Money: Couples Don’t Always See Eye to Eye on Financial Planning