The Hospital and Healthsystem Association of Pennsylvania said Thursday it had learned the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Office of Inspector General (OIG) will audit payments to the Pennsylvania Medicaid Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Program.
Pamela Zemaitis, HIT coordinator of the Office of Medical Assistance Programs in the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services (DHS), said the state was selected for the audit, but her department had not met with staff from OIG.
“Based on discussions with other states that were audited, the OIG is likely to focus its audit on making sure hospital EHR Incentive Program payments were made correctly, and that the state Medicaid EHR Incentive Program payment calculations were accurate,” HAP said.
HAP added DHS doesn't believe the audit will include a need for hospitals to do anything in response to the audit, although OIG has contacted at lease one hospital.
“The Pennsylvania Medicaid EHR Incentive Program has an online payment estimator available to assist hospitals with estimating the EHR Incentive Program payment amounts,” HAP said. “The online estimator provides clear direction about data needed and calculation methodology to determine a hospital's Medicaid EHR Incentive Program payment in Pennsylvania.”
HAP said it follow the audit through its entirety and update member hospitals and health systems as needed.
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE - EMMAUS: 5th Annual Nonprofit Collaboration Conference featuring Seattle Humor Blogger - Vu Le
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: “SOAR” Spring Weekly Bird Walks
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: 95th Annual Spring Show
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Community Event: Free Shredding Event at First Resource Bank
- Analysis: Homeowners in Pennsylvania metro area pay highest property tax rate in U.S.
- Analysis: College athletics grossed $31,832 per athlete in 2016
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Students spend valuable time at Geisinger Lewistown Hospital
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Paint and Sip- Dragonflies
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Join us for our April Business After Hours networking event at Presque Isle Downs & Casino!
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Community Event: Annual Race Against Violence