Slot-machine revenue in Pennsylvania rose 1.1 percent in February compared with a year ago, the state's Gaming Control Board said on Tuesday.
The board's report said slot-machine-generated gross revenue from the state's 12 casinos totaled approximately $183.2 million in February, compared with approximately $181.2 million in February 2014.
About $97.7 million in tax revenue from the state's slot machines was generated last month, the report said. The increase in revenue came in spite of fewer slot machines in play compared with February 2014, with 26,351 slot machines in operation last month compared with 26,620 a year ago.
Parx Casino saw the most revenue last month, at $29.6 million, compared with $27.6 million in February 2014. Lady Luck Casino Nemacolin saw the biggest percentage increase in gross revenue year-over-year, with approximately $2 million in last month compared with about $1.67 million in February 2014, which is a nearly 21.9 percent increase.
Presque Isle Downs and Casino saw the largest drop in revenue, at 11.7 percent. The casino brought in $8.1 million in February, compared with $9.2 million in 2014.
Overall, seven casinos saw an increase in gross revenue from slot machines year-over-year, while five saw a decrease.
The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board was established in 2004 and oversees the state's casino industry, including the two resort casinos and 10 stand-alone and racetrack casinos in operation in the state.
Organizations in this Story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board ?
Next time we write about Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Geisinger expands access to clinical trials through consortium with five other health systems
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: “Choosing an Appropriate Business Form”
- FRANKLIN COUNTY PA AREA DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION: Herbruck’s celebrates Franklin County warehouse in anticipation of new egg-producing facility
- GANNETT FLEMING, INC.: Gannett Fleming/WSP Joint Venture Serving as Construction Management Consultant for Durham-Orange Light Rail
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: LGBT Business Council & Hellertown-Lower Saucon Chamber HALO Benefitting Valley Youth House
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Ribbon Cutting: Penn National Golf Course Club House
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Earth Day Cleanup at Independence Hill
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: National Collegiate Acrobatics & Tumbling Association National Championships
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Community Event Nonprofit Workshop: What's Your Nonprofit Story: Message in a Minute
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Using a Home Test Kit and Smartphone to Test for Kidney Disease