State Rep. Kate Klunk (R-Dist. 169) voiced the concerns of York County business owners on Monday over the potential impact an income tax increase could have on job creation and small businesses in the state.
“We’ve heard reports that the governor’s budget address could include a proposal to raise the state’s personal income tax,” Klunk said. “Today, we discussed how an income tax hike would hurt our small businesses, which create more than 65 percent of our jobs. These companies play an integral role in our statewide economy and in our communities, and it’s in our best interests to help them grow and expand.”
Klunk is co-sponsoring legislation that would streamline Pennsylvania's tax code, which she said would provide relief for small businesses.
Klunk said she attended a House Majority Policy Committee hearing at York College recently and listened to testimony from concerned business owners on how the tax climate in the state “weighs down small-business owners with overly complex requirements.”
“I applaud my colleagues for taking action to loosen the fiscal shackles on our job creators, and to help ensure small businesses do not bear the brunt of any new tax proposals,” Klunk said.
Klunk represents District 169, which covers part of York County.
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Geisinger expands access to clinical trials through consortium with five other health systems
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: “Choosing an Appropriate Business Form”
- FRANKLIN COUNTY PA AREA DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION: Herbruck’s celebrates Franklin County warehouse in anticipation of new egg-producing facility
- GANNETT FLEMING, INC.: Gannett Fleming/WSP Joint Venture Serving as Construction Management Consultant for Durham-Orange Light Rail
- GREATER LEHIGH VALLEY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: LGBT Business Council & Hellertown-Lower Saucon Chamber HALO Benefitting Valley Youth House
- GREATER CHAMBERSBURG CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Ribbon Cutting: Penn National Golf Course Club House
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Earth Day Cleanup at Independence Hill
- ERIE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: National Collegiate Acrobatics & Tumbling Association National Championships
- EXTON REGION CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: Community Event Nonprofit Workshop: What's Your Nonprofit Story: Message in a Minute
- GEISINGER LIFE FLIGHT: Using a Home Test Kit and Smartphone to Test for Kidney Disease