Stradley Ronon announced Wednesday that intellectual property attorney Philip J. Foret has joined the firm as a partner in its Malvern, Pennsylvania, office.
Ronon was most recently co-chair of Dilworth Paxson LLP’s intellectual property group.
Representing clients in the widest range of intellectual property matters — including counseling and opinions, patent and trademark prosecution, trademark and copyright matters and transactional due diligence — Foret has developed global patent and trademark portfolios, having represented clients in patent infringement cases and successfully argued and resolved domain name and trademark disputes.
“Phil’s deep practice and leadership experience make him an excellent fit for our flourishing IP group,” Stradley Ronon Chairman William R. Sasso said. “And given the substantial growth of our clients in the high-tech area, Phil’s vast knowledge of protecting and enforcing domestic and international intellectual property rights will serve us well in expanding the scope of our client services.”
Foret’s eclectic experience spans industries from consumer and pet products, food science and industrial chemicals to pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, medical devices, stem cell technology, industrial manufacturing processes and systems, along with telecommunications, data systems technology, financial services, business methods and sporting goods.
“Stradley Ronon’s entrepreneurial culture, strong client base and value-driven service provide me with a tremendous platform from which to grow my practice,” Foret said. “I was very impressed with the firm’s substantial presence in the mid-Atlantic region.”
With seven offices in the mid-Atlantic region, Stradley Ronon’s intellectual property practice group handles patents, copyrights, trademarks and trade secrets, using decades of experience to protect clients’ IP assets.
The Legal Intelligencer named the firm’s IP group a finalist in the publication’s first-ever “Best Law Firm Corporate Practices” awards, noting that the practice has “grown quickly and confidently.” The firm’s IP client roster boasts a diverse range of successful companies, including Air Products, Martin Guitar, Pentech, Prezacor and Titan Spine.
- Pharmaceutical Care Management Association advocates solutions to reduce drug costs
- Pennsylvania businesses resist stricter ozone regulations
- 'Food Logistics' magazine awards Elemica top honor for food processing industry
- Pittsburgh’s fi360 announces key personnel changes
- Medecision launches Aerial Insights for Pennsylvania's health care providers
- Momentum Telecom merges with Philly’s Alteva Inc.
- State chamber recommends pension, liquor reform to resolve budget
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court rules in favor of Pittsburgh’s EQT Corporation
- PECO peaks in service quality, reliability for 2015's third quarter
- Arc Logistics Partners to purchase four Pennsylvania-based terminals from Gulf Oil