William H. Ryan was recently appointed to a new three-year term as the chairman of Pennsylvania's Gaming Control Board (PGCB).
Ryan, who previously served 14 years in the Office of the Attorney General, was appointed to head the PGCB, which regulates the state's licensed gaming industry, by Governor Tom Corbett in 2011. His term is set to expire in 2017.
Pennsylvania state Rep. Mauree Gingrich, the chairman of the House Gaming Oversight Committee, said she was happy to learn of Ryan's reappointment.
"Bill Ryan is a consummate professional and has done an excellent job of restoring integrity to the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board," Gingrich said. "His leadership and professionalism was a tremendous advantage in the public hearings and vetting of applicants for the final Philadelphia casino license. He is very thorough and deliberate in examining all sides of complex issues and making judgments that are in the best interest of the Commonwealth and its citizens. He has been a pleasure to work with, and I am happy that he will continue to serve as chairman."
- NATIONAL DISEASE RESEARCH INTERCHANGE: Internationally Renowned Lung Disease Expert Joins NDRI Board
- LINCOLN FINANCIAL GROUP: Love and Money: Couples Don’t Always See Eye to Eye on Financial Planning
- PENNSYLVANIA LIQUOR CONTROL BOARD: Celebrates Grand Opening of Fine Wine & Good Spirits Store in West Chester
- BEN FRANKLIN TECHNOLOGY PARTNERS: Life Sciences Greenhouse of Central PA and Ben Franklin Technology Partners of Central & Northern PA Invest $500,000 in Ocunova Inc.
- MARTIN LAW: Elisa Advani Appointed Secretary of the Hispanic Bar Association of Pennsylvania
- PENNSYLVANIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS: Montgomery County Realtor® to Serve as President of the Pennsylvania Association of Realtors®
- PENNSYLVANIA DEPARTMENT OF DRUG AND ALCOHOL PROGRAMS: Recovery Centers of America Backs Pennsylvania Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs' Effort to Expand Evidence-Based Training
- Philly DA joins challenge to federal immigration enforcement policy
- 8 Toys R Us stores set to close in Pennsylvania
- OPINION: Next Step in Dismantling Obamacare: IPAB