Having named its 2015 National Small Business Week winners, the Eastern Pennsylvania District Office of the U.S. Small Business Administration will recognize honorees at special events in May and June, it was announced March 31 in Philadelphia, Pa.
This year’s National Small Business Week is slated for May 4 to 8. Additionally, the association’s annual “SBA Day at the Ballpark” will feature a networking luncheon, an awards ceremony and a Phillies game at Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia. The festivities will commence at 10:00 a.m. on June 18 at the “XFINITY Live! Philadelphia” restaurant located at 1100 Pattison Ave., Philadelphia.
Six individuals and businesses will be honored, including Joseph G. Zidik, president and CEO of Custom Milling & Consulting, Inc. in Fleetwood; CounterTek Inc. of Ephrata; Talluto's Authentic Italian Food Inc. of Folcroft; Swain Techs, in Horsham; Alpha Architect, LLC, of Broomall; and JEM Group, LLC, of Harrisburg.
The Small Business Administration has given these awards annually since 1963. This year’s theme is “SBA: Dream Big, Start Small.” The organization’s administrator, Maria Contreras-Sweet, will coordinate events in Miami, Fla., Los Angeles and San Antonio, Calif., New York, N.Y., and Washington, D.C., where the national winners will be presented. Additionally, various events will be held throughout the SBA’s ten regions and 68 districts during May and June.
More details will be posted as events are confirmed. More information can be found at www.sba.gov/smallbusinessweek.
- Pharmaceutical Care Management Association advocates solutions to reduce drug costs
- Pennsylvania businesses resist stricter ozone regulations
- 'Food Logistics' magazine awards Elemica top honor for food processing industry
- Pittsburgh’s fi360 announces key personnel changes
- Medecision launches Aerial Insights for Pennsylvania's health care providers
- Momentum Telecom merges with Philly’s Alteva Inc.
- State chamber recommends pension, liquor reform to resolve budget
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court rules in favor of Pittsburgh’s EQT Corporation
- PECO peaks in service quality, reliability for 2015's third quarter
- Arc Logistics Partners to purchase four Pennsylvania-based terminals from Gulf Oil